Interested in a Montreat Youth Conference experience? Our Youth Conferences have a long history of transforming lives and encouraging spiritual growth among youth. The registration process can be confusing and we want you to have the best experience possible, so we have created a guide to help you!
Please note that this page is intended to help you navigate the registration process. Please click on one of the conference weeks listed below for more specific information on your conference.
STEP 1: Determine Where You Want to Stay!
Housing is an important part of your experience. All housing and meal costs are in addition to your conference fee. Housing is limited, so register early!
The term “Conference Housing” refers to any of the housing options owned by Montreat Conference Center or Montreat College. You will reserve ALL conference housing through the Housing Registrar. The Housing Registrar will assign rooms to best fit your groups needs, as well as arrange for all of your meals while you are here.
The term “Private Housing” refers to any other housing. If you decide to stay in private housing, you will need to make your own arrangements, as well as plan for your meals.
Click on the conference housing options below for pricing, amenities, cancellation policies, and contact information, or click on private housing for resources to get you started.
SPECIAL INCENTIVES! Register any time before April 1, 2018 to stay in Montreat Conference Center housing, and you‘ll only have to send in a deposit of $100 per person. You’ll have until April 1, 2018 to pay the remainder of your conference fees, and your housing & meal balance won’t be due until your arrive in Montreat! You also have the option to rebook the same number of rooms for the same week from year to year.
2018 rates for Montreat Conference Center are PER PERSON and include room for six nights and meals in Assembly Inn’s Galax Dining Room, Sunday supper through Saturday breakfast. A $50 per person non-refundable housing deposit is required (this is included in your $100 registration deposit).
Housing & Meal Rates for Montreat Conference Center
- Glen Rock Inn: Triple Shared Bath: $294.00 / Double Shared Bath: $351.50 / Single Shared Bath: $524.00
- Winsborough: Double Shared Bath: $336.50 / Single Shared Bath: $494.00
- Assembly Inn: Triple Private Bath: $339.00-$365.00* / Double Private Bath: $419.00-$458.00* / Single Private Bath: $659.00-$737.00*
- Assembly Inn: Double Shared Bath: $359.00-$389.00* / Single Shared Bath: $539.00-$599.00*
*Lower rate is for weeks I & VI; Higher rate is for weeks, II, III, IV, & V. A limited number of triple rooms are available in Assembly Inn. A bed-height air mattress and linens are provided for third person in the room.
Other things to note
- Children ages 5-11: $92 per child
- Children under age 5: no charge
- Cribs (limited number available): no charge
- Select facilities are air conditioned
- All bed and bath linens are provided
- All buildings are smoke-free
- No pets
- No alcohol
- Rates are subject to change; rooms are subject to availability
Any cancellations or changes to reservations must be in writing using the Additions/Cancellations Form. $50 per person housing deposit is non-refundable. After the 60-day deadline, any unused rooms will be charged the single room rate for six nights. 60-Day deadlines for cancellations are as follows: Youth I – April 3; Youth II – April 10; Youth III – May 8; Youth IV – May 15; Youth V – May 22; Youth VI – May 29.
Sarah Akin, Housing Registrar at Montreat Conference Center
SPECIAL INCENTIVE! Register any time before April 1, 2018 to stay in Montreat College housing, and you‘ll only have to send in a deposit of $100 per person. You’ll have until April 1, 2018 to pay the remainder of your conference fees, and your housing & meal balance won’t be due until 30 days prior to your conference!
2018 rates for Montreat College are PER PERSON and include room for six nights and all meals. Meals will be located at the college cafeteria, Howerton. Required: $50 per person non-refundable deposit (this is included in your $100 registration deposit).
Housing & Meal Rates for Montreat College
- Howerton and Anderson Hall: Triple private bath $372* / Double private bath $442 / Single private bath $562
- Howerton and McGregor Hall: Triple connecting bath $336* / Double connecting bath $388 / Single connecting bath $508
*All rooms have two twin beds. Third person in a room must bring their own sleeping bag, air mattress, or cot.
Other things to note
- Children ages 3-11 in room with one adult: ½ price room and meals
- All housing is air-conditioned
- Linens provided
- Maid service daily
- Campus-wide no smoking, no alcohol
- No pets allowed in dorms
- Rates are subject to change; rooms are subject to availability
Any cancellations or changes to reservations must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. $50 per person housing deposit is non-refundable. Cancellations must be sent 30 days prior to your conference.
Sarah Akin, Housing Registrar at Montreat Conference Center
After You’re Booked:
Martha Chastain, Auxiliary Services Assistant at Montreat College
Phone: 828.669.8012, ext. 3821
If you decide to stay in private housing, you will need to make your own arrangements directly with the private cottage owner or rental agency, as well as plan for your own meals. For some great private housing ideas, please visit montreat.org/other-housing or request a private housing list by emailing email@example.com. If you need a little extra help navigating the private housing market, please contact Hope Barker, Conference Registrar, for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828.419.9828.
SPECIAL INCENTIVE! If you are staying in private housing and you register for the conference on or before December 1, 2017, you’ll only have to send in a deposit of $100 per person. You’ll have until April 1, 2018 to pay the remainder of your conference fees.
STEP 2: Determine your Conference rate!
This rate is your conference fee only. It does not include housing, meals, or community services fee.
Register ON OR BEFORE…
- September 18, 2017 – $260 per person
- January 20, 2018 – $265 per person
- February 20, 2018 – $275 per person
- March 20, 2018 – $285 per person
- April 20, 2018 – $295 per person
- Any time after April 20, 2018 – $305 per person
STEP 3: Complete and send in your registration form!
Wondering who you should register? Include the following:
- Youth (rising high school freshman through graduated high school seniors)
- College students (participating in work crew)
- Adult leader(s) over 21 years of age (AT LEAST ONE ADULT PER GROUP IS REQUIRED)
- Any additional adults who will be participating in small groups (You may have additional adult chaperones who will NOT participate in small groups, but we’ll get to that later…)
You may download the registration form below to register your group. However, please be sure to read the FULL registration packet for complete details, as well as FAQs and additional opportunities for mission, leadership, etc.
Mail your registration form with a check (payable to Montreat Conference Center) to Montreat Youth Conference, PO Box 969, Montreat, NC, 28757, or fax your form, along with credit card information, to 828.669.5054, and we’ll take it from there! Be on the lookout for a confirmation email.
Need some help? Here are some fun resources to get your crew pumped about MYC 2018!
Gig Poster– A fun way to announce that you are going to a Montreat Youth conference!
“What is a youth conference?” handout– A fun piece to tell a little more about the components of a youth conference and some testimonials from past attendees.
The Montreat Effect– A great testimony by Dee Wade about her experience at Montreat Youth Conferences
Policies and FAQs
Below are a few frequently asked questions. However, please be sure to read the FULL youth conference registration packet for complete details!
What if I need to cancel conference registrations?
You will forfeit $50 per person if you cancel a conference registration before the 60-day deadline. After the 60-day deadline, no refunds will be issued. All cancellation requests must be submitted using the Additions/Cancellations Form. The 60-day deadlines for cancellations are as follows: Youth I – April 3; Youth II – April 10; Youth III – May 8; Youth IV – May 15; Youth V – May 22; Youth VI – May 29. (Please note: If you are staying in conference housing, you will forfeit an additional $50 per person – see below.)
What if I need to cancel housing?
- If you are staying in Montreat Conference Center housing (Assembly Inn, Winsborough, or Glen Rock Inn), you will forfeit an additional $50 per person if you cancel before the 60-day deadline (above). After the 60-day deadline, no refunds will be issued and any unused rooms will be charged the single rate for six nights. All housing cancellation requests must be submitted using the Additions/Cancellations Form. The 60-day deadlines for cancellations are as follows: Youth I – April 3; Youth II – April 10; Youth III – May 8; Youth IV – May 15; Youth V – May 22; Youth VI – May 29.
- If you are staying in Montreat College housing (Anderson, Howerton, or McGregor dorms), please email Montreat College at email@example.com. Cancellations must be sent 30 days prior to your conference.
- If you are staying in private housing, please see your housing confirmation for specific information on cancellations.
After I register, when’s my next payment due?
Let’s talk dollars and cents… If you only sent in a $100 per person deposit with your registration form, you will be billed the remainder of your conference fees, which are due by April 1, 2018. Acceptable forms of payment are checks (payable to Montreat Conference Center), and credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, and Discover).
- If you are staying in private housing, your balance due on April 1 for each participant will be the conference fee and community services fee less $100.
- If you are staying in Assembly Inn, Winsborough, or Glen Rock Inn, $50 of your original $100 deposit was used to secure your housing and the other $50 was applied toward your conference fee. Your balance due on April 1 for each participant will be the conference fee and community services fee less $50. Please note: an additional amount for housing and meals is due and payable to “Montreat Conference Center” when you arrive at Montreat.
- If you are staying in Anderson, Howerton, or McGregor, we send $50 of your original $100 deposit to Montreat College to secure your housing, and the other $50 secures your place in the Montreat Youth Conference. Your balance due on April 1 for each participant will be the conference fee and community services fee less $50. Please note: the balance due for housing and meals will be due to Montreat College 30 days before you arrive. You can pay online at montreat.edu/summerhousing or mail check payable to “Montreat College.”
What if I need to add participants after I’ve already sent in my registration?
All changes to conference registrations must be submitted using the Additions/Cancellations form.
- If staying in Assembly Inn, Winsborough, or Glen Rock Inn, submit the Additions/Cancellations form to add registration spaces, and you may also indicate any housing additions as well.
- If you are staying in Anderson, Howerton, or McGregor, submit the Additions/Cancellations form to add registration spaces, however any changes to your housing reservation must be submitted directly to Montreat College at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If staying in private housing, submit the Additions/Cancellations form to add registration spaces, however you will need to contact your housing facility separately if any changes are necessary.
What about college-aged young adults in my group?
College-aged young adults are invited to assist the Planning Team behind the scenes in keynote, worship, and recreation events by participating in work crew. Interested persons need to register, pay conference fee, travel, and lodge with their Back-Home Group. Work Crew will spend time together as a small group, as well as work recreation and other conference events. No application for Work Crew is needed. There will be an opportunity to “declare” work crew participants during on-site registration. Work crew participants will have some responsibilities for recreation events in the afternoons and evenings.
What is the Jeremiah Project?
The Jeremiah Project is for young people who have an interest in worship leadership as well as a hunger to explore God’s call on their lives. Rising juniors and seniors who have participated in a Montreat Youth Conference before may apply to be part of a special small group that prepares for worship leadership, participates in keynote, and discusses vocation. Back Home Leaders will receive this application 60 days before their conference begins.
Do I need to register “extra” adults that I bring with our group to Montreat? (i.e. chaperones, cooks, drivers, etc.)
Although we require at least one fully registered adult in your group, we recommend one registered adult chaperone for every six youth that attend the conference. We encourage all adult advisors to register as full participants and take part in small groups, keynote, recreation, and worship to provide a more complete, fulfilling conference experience. However, in order to accommodate needs of groups who bring extra adults to function as cooks, drivers, etc., wristbands will be available for sale at on-site registration or at the conference office during the conference week. These wristbands cannot be purchased in advance. Please bring cash, credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover), or separate check payable to Montreat Conference Center. The wristband costs are as follows:
- Keynote-Only: $80 to attend keynote events only (adults only).
- Recreation-Only: $20 to attend recreation events only.
- Keynote & Recreation: $85 to attend keynote and recreation events, but not small groups.
What do I do with children who are not old enough to participate in the youth conference?
The Montreat Youth Conferences are designed for high school students, entering freshmen through graduated seniors. You may register children who are not attending the conference for the Montreat Clubs & Child Care program. This program is available for children ranging from 6 months to 12th grade. Evening child care is available for children 6 months to completed first grade. Enrollment is limited. You must pre-register for this program to guarantee your space. Find out more information at montreat.org/clubs. You may also purchase a “Recreation-Only” wristband for $5 at on-site registration so children may attend evening activities with your group.
What’s this “Back Home Packet” I’ve heard about?
A “Back Home Packet” will be emailed to you approximately 60 days prior to your conference. Some of the back home packet is online now. Check it out at montreat.org/back-home-info. Have each person in your group (including adults & children who will be purchasing wristbands for keynote and/or recreation) complete the “Covenant Statement” and the “Medical Insurance Information” forms that can be found online at montreat.org/back-home-info. Make sure the covenant form for each participant has BOTH the participant and parent’s signature (if applicable). Please make a photocopy of these forms for your records. You will need to bring both sets of forms with you to on-site registration; one set will be yours to keep and the other set will be filed in the conference office. Also, before you arrive, you will need to enter participant information online (instructions included in the Back Home Packet). Print, photocopy, and bring two copies of the “Participant Locator” form with you to on-site registration.
Do I need to send in a rooming list in advance?
- If you are staying in Assembly Inn, Winsborough, or Glen Rock Inn, you must mail or fax in your room assignment list (available at montreat.org/youth) 30 days prior to your conference. We will then send you an invoice for the balance of your room and meal charges which will be due upon your arrival in Montreat.
- If you are staying in Chestnut, Hickory, or Reynolds Lodges, at check-in you must present the Assembly Inn front desk staff with a list containing the names of people staying in your lodge.
- If you are staying in Anderson, Howerton, or McGregor, you must mail your rooming list to Montreat College, PO Box 1267, Montreat, NC 28757, or email to email@example.com, or fax to 828.419. 9710 two weeks prior to your conference.
What do I do when I get to Montreat?
Kiss the ground, you made it! Then come see us at conference registration which takes place at Upper Anderson in Montreat from 3:00-5:30 p.m. on the Sunday of your conference. If you do not arrive before registration closes, there will be a late registration Sunday evening, immediately following the opening program. If you will not be arriving in time for late registration on Sunday, PLEASE contact the Assembly Inn front desk at (800) 572-2257 ext. 0 to let us know! Otherwise, we will be waiting for you.
Where do I go to check into my housing?
- If you are staying in Assembly Inn, Winsborough, Glen Rock Inn, Chestnut Lodge, Hickory Lodge, or Reynolds Lodge, check in at the Assembly Inn front desk. Pay your final balance at the front desk when you check in. Check-in begins at 3:00 PM.
- If you are staying in Anderson, Howerton, or McGregor, you will check in to your housing in Upper Anderson Auditorium during Youth Conference on-site registration.
How do I become a small group leader?
If you are 21 or older and can contribute some part of your summer, keep reading! Small Group Leaders provide critical guidance for the heart of the Youth Conference, the small group (approx. 25-30 people). Small Group Leaders (SGLs) receive FREE room, board, and travel, but they also expend lots of time and energy. The required training is the Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning before the conference. If you are a back home leader the same week that you are selected to be an SGL, be sure you have plenty of other adults to chaperone your group and drive them up, since you will have to be here a day early! Better yet, come some other week of the summer so you can devote your full energy to the conference! If you are interested in applying to be a small group leader for the Youth Conferences, call (828) 419-9833, or download a Small Group Leader application at montreat.org/sgl to apply. All small group leaders must be members of congregations that are members of the World Alliance of Reformed Churches (for a listing of member churches, visit warc.ch).
Do we need approval to print our own T-shirts with the name “Montreat?”
Any individual or group wishing to use the trademark/copyrighted name of “Montreat” or the Montreat logo on any t-shirts or clothing items needs to request approval from Montreat Conference Center. Please email artwork to Tanner Pickett, Vice President for Marketing and Communication, firstname.lastname@example.org. Montreat Youth Conference t-shirts and other Montreat products are available for sale and may be ordered from the Montreat Store (828) 669-5298.
Are there other opportunities to add to my MYC experience?
We’re glad you asked! Did you know that we partner with Asheville Youth Mission (AYM) to provide mission opportunities for groups during the Youth Conference? You can add a service experience to your youth conference week on Sunday (come a day early) or Wednesday during your free afternoon. AYM will lead your group in work and recreation at a service site in the Black Mountain/Asheville area. Learn more at montreat.org/mission.
We’re here to help!
Have a question? Contact any of us to help you through Montreat Youth Conference’s registration process.
Youth Outreach Director
Greetings all! My name is Susie Watson Burns. I am the youth outreach director for Montreat Conference Center. My main role is to walk with those who are attending a Youth Conference for the first time. My prayer is that I can help you make the most of your experience leading up to, during, and after the conference. I get the pleasure of working with groups from around the country and I look forward to connecting with you!
Welcome! My name is Sarah Akin and I’m the housing registrar at Montreat Conference Center. If you are looking for Montreat Youth Conference housing in Assembly Inn, Glen Rock, Winsborough, Montreat College, Chestnut Lodge, Hickory Lodge, or Reynolds Lodge, please let me know. I am here to help you with your conference housing needs, or even if you just want to stop by and say “Hello!”
Hi, I’m Hope, your conference registrar. I’m here to process your registration, send you necessary information, answer any and all of your questions, and I can help you with private housing. I love getting to know you all and talking with you, so please contact me anytime you need help. I look forward to seeing your smiling faces at check-in for your next Montreat Youth Conference! You’ll have a blast!
Hi, my name is Tanner Pickett. I’m the vice president of sales, marketing, and communication at Montreat Conference Center. We here want to do everything we can to facilitate you and your youth coming to a Montreat Youth Conference. Interested in having someone come speak to your church, presbytery, or youth group? Let me know how I can help!