The Mountain Retreat Association, d/b/a Montreat Conference Center, is an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work or volunteer.
Part-time Front Desk Associate
The primary function of this role is to welcome guests attending conferences or retreats and to assist them throughout their stay. This includes providing consistent communication, follow-through, and excellent customer service.
- The essential duties are as follows:
- Responsible for greeting and welcoming all visitors, guests, conferees, staff and residents who approach the front desk.
- Responsible for qualifying walk-in guests, guest check-in and check-out, and for accurate collection of all charges due and information required for Assembly Inn, Conference Center Lodges, the Winsborough, and Campground guests.
- Learn all aspects of RDP (Resort Data Processing) system as it pertains to Front Desk procedures.
- Answer switchboard phones for conference center and transfer to appropriate staff or guests.
- Take messages for conferees/conference staff.
- Fax/Copy services for MRA guests and staff.
- Distribute information, directions, and maps on the conference center and surrounding area.
- Responsible for keeping management informed of guest, staff, and conferee needs/complaints.
- Filing maintenance requests from staff and guests for MRA buildings.
- Responsible for being informed of MRA daily functions as posted in the function sheet and ongoing conference schedule.
- Responsible for arranging air ground transportation for guests/staff (contacting the shuttle company, making vouchers, posting transportation charges, and keeping management and shuttle staff aware of any changes).
- Sales of General Store items.
- Tracking and returning Lost and Found items.
- Maintain key inventory for the Winsborough & Lodges.
- Maintain cleanliness at the front desk and lower lobby area (stock and maintain brochure rack and bulletin board, care for plants in lobby).
- Assumes other responsibilities requested by management.
- At least 2 years of college level education with demonstrated computer experience.
- Congenial personality with demonstrated public relation skills.
- Ability to handle detailed procedures and money.
- Availability to work variable shifts between 7:00 AM -11:00 PM
- Ability to work independently or with others.
- Ability to sit, stand, or squat for periods of time.
- Has a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to follow directions and work cooperatively with others. Teamwork is essential
- Exhibits fine attention to detail
Demonstrated computer: 2 years
To apply for the Front Desk Associate position, please submit resume to Nikki Herron at email@example.com.
Part-time Hotel Arrangements
Position Title: Part-time Hotel Arrangements
Effective: March 1, 2017
Reports to: Arrangements Supervisor
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Essential Functions: To give attention to meeting space setup and cleanliness. Work to provide an excellent experience for all conference center guests.
Food Service Positions at Assembly Inn
Montreat Summer Staff
Spend a summer in the mountains of Montreat! Our summer staff provides a ministry through work and play for over 13,000 people. Come be a part of a wonderful team of young adults from across the country!
Interested in volunteering to promote Montreat Conference Center in your presbytery? Contact Lauren Mathews at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our Bridges program.