What would it look like if you could intentionally combine Mission work with your Youth Conference Experience?
A couple of hours on your free afternoon…
- playing with children who have special needs at Irene Wortham Center
- creating Manna Packs of food for children who are hungry
- building a Prayer Knoll for Veterans Restoration Quarters
- painting a mural at Steadfast House for Women and Children
- working at the garden of Emma Family Resource Center so that children living in poverty can have ready access to fruits and vegetables
Sunday during the day before the Youth Conference starts…
- group building with other youth from the conference who will do Mission that day
- worshipping all together as we prepare to go work
- working in the fields and gardens and facilities of places like Black Mountain Home for Children, Youth & Families
- celebrating God’s gifts and praying together as work finishes and everyone turns toward a week at Montreat Youth Conference!
Montreat Mission Experience is offered during Youth Conferences:
- Sundays, 9:00 am-3:00 pm
- Wednesdays, 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
AYM brings middle school and senior high youth and college groups into the Asheville, NC area to work, dig, play, cook, paint, mow, clean, laugh, sweat, and MAKE A DIFFERENCE. They also are very intentional about helping groups grow together and grow in faith while they are at AYM! And they use THE ARTS to help AYM participants work on what God means when God says, “do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with me!” Debbie Alford, Mission Immersion Director, and Bill Buchanan, Executive Director, lead the Montreat Mission Experience. For more information about Asheville Youth Mission, visit ashevilleyouthmission.org and join Asheville Youth Mission on Facebook!
Sundays: 9:00 am-3:00 pm
- 9:00am—All groups meet at Montreat for Group Building and Worship
- 10:00am—Groups depart for work sites (bring lunches to eat on site)
- 10:30-Noon: Work at sites
- Noon-12:45: Lunch
- 12:45-2:30pm: Work at sites
- 2:30pm—Celebration and Prayer
- 3:00pm—Groups depart for Montreat
Wednesdays: 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
- On Wednesdays, groups can expect to work for a couple of hours in the first part of the afternoon. There will still be plenty of time for some play and taking your group to dinner! Wednesday groups receive a special Back Home Group Devotion to do with their groups during Back Home Group time on Wednesday night.
Program fees includes designing a mission experience specifically for your group (considering your group’s size, needs, talents, and interests) and all program costs. For Sundays, all groups must provide their own lunches to eat on site.
- Sunday: $24/person
- Wednesday: $13/person
- Sunday and Wednesday: $37/person
If your group is staying in Assembly Inn, Winsborough, or Glen Rock Inn during the Youth Conference, you can:
- Arrive Saturday night for an additional charge of $25 per room (special discount).
- Purchase Sunday breakfast at $8.75 per person.
- Purchase boxed lunches for Sunday at $10.00 per person.
If your group is staying in other housing, you can:
- Purchase boxed lunches for Sunday at $10.00 per person
- Youth I | June 3-9, 2018 | Deadline to register: April 3
- Youth II | June 10-16, 2018 | Deadline to register: April 10
- Youth III | July 8-14, 2018 | Deadline to register: May 8
- Youth IV | July 15-21, 2018 | Deadline to register: May 15
- Youth V | July 22-28, 2018 | Deadline to register: May 22
- Youth VI July 29-Aug 4, 2018 | Deadline to register: May 29
Maximum Number of Participants:
- Sunday – 50 people
- Wednesday – 100 people
Contact Asheville Youth Mission
See you in the summer!