Plan Your Event
The Montreat Family Campground, nestled among the hardwoods, laurels, and rhododendrons that run alongside Graybeard Stream, consists of 28 tent and small pop-up camper sites. Each camp site has a picnic table, fire pit, and grill. Electrical or water hookups are not available; however, water spigots are close to each campsite and two bathhouses provide campers with hot water, showers, toilets, and electrical outlets. Camping sites are available daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day. During the months of May, September, and October, sites are available on weekends only.
PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING YOUR SITE:
- The charge is $20.00 per night per site for 4 adults with up to 2 tents or a family with up to 2 tents; add $8.00 for each additional tent. (Exception: site #14, which has electrical hookup, rents for $27.00 per night.) All rates are subject to N.C. sales tax, plus a $1 community services fee per adult per night for public services provided by the Town and the fire district.
- Weekend reservations must be a minimum of two nights (Friday & Saturday nights).
- Your credit card will be charged for the total of your stay when you make your reservation. A seven (7) day cancellation notice is required for a full refund. If cancellation notice is (three) 3 days prior to your arrival date, you will be charged for one night’s stay. If cancellation is less than (three) 3 days, there will be no refund.
- You must check in at the front desk of Assembly Inn between 3:00 PM and 8:00 PM before occupying your site. Check-out time is 11:00 AM. If you have unusual circumstances, you will need to call the front desk to get approval to arrive earlier or later than 3:00PM-8:00PM.
- A ranger will be available to assist you at the campground between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM. (Memorial Day to Labor Day only)
- Pets are allowed as long as they are kept quiet and leashed, and you must clean up after them.
- Montreat recycles! Glass, plastics, and aluminum should be deposited in the bear-proof recycling bin by the woodshed. Garbage goes in the dumpster. Please do not put recyclables or garbage in the bathhouse trash containers.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on any campsite.
If you have questions about the Montreat Campground, you may email frontdesk[at]montreat.org, write Montreat Conference Center, PO Box 969, Montreat, NC 28757, or call 800.572.2257 or 828.669.2911, ext. 0.
Montreat Services and Seasonal Programs
- The Montreat Store
- Ten Thousand Villages
- U.S. Post Office
- Huckleberry Café (now open year-round)
- Assembly Inn Galax Dining Room
- Howerton Cafeteria at Montreat College
- Crafts & Pottery
- Clubs Programs
- Swimming Pool
- Paddle Boats & Canoes
- Bill Wilde Youth Center
- Summer Worship
- Barn Dance
- Robert Lake Park
To request a map of the campground, please email carolo[at]montreat.org