Montreat Conference Center, managed by the Mountain Retreat Association (MRA), is one of the largest conference centers affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). The conference center has an annual budget of over $7 million and has just completed a $17 million capital campaign. Located in Western North Carolina, Montreat was founded in 1897 and is visited by thousands of people from around the country. Each year, Montreat Conference Center hosts:
- over 5,000 youth that attend one of our six youth conferences;
- over 40 conferences and programs attended by pastors and committed lay people from around the country;
- weekly summer Sunday worship services in historic Anderson Auditorium;
- over ten weeks of Road Scholar Programs;
- hundreds of guest groups who come to private retreats held at our center;
- thousands of people from the surrounding community to enjoy the natural beauty of our hiking trails and other recreational opportunities.
The Vice President for Development serves as a member of the President’s Senior Leadership Team and is responsible for carrying out the institution’s fundraising and development initiatives. The incumbent will design and implement comprehensive advancement programs to increase fundraising outcomes and constituent involvement. Development responsibilities include the annual fund, church and foundation support, individual major gifts, and gift planning. Constituent programs include donor stewardship, volunteer management, donor communications, and event management.
The successful candidate will be a college graduate and have at least five years of professional development and fundraising experience with demonstrated success in donor cultivation, major gifts, and institutional advancement. He/she should have excellent analytical and leadership skills and the ability to lead a team of professionals.
Download a complete copy of the job description. Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications due by September 1, 2017, with consideration given to those received by August 1, 2017.